Google Business Profile (GBP) is often the forgotten channel of digital marketing, which is unfortunate. GBP has so much to offer as you market your business, product, or even nonprofit.
Here are some of my favorite benefits:
- It’s free.
- It enhances your visibility. Google is the top search engine out there and loves to see consistent activity here. Google rewards active GBP profiles.
- Your customers can leave reviews. It’s a fantastic platform for learning what your customers value, receiving feedback, and gathering testimonials.
Your Google Business Profile isn’t a replacement for a website, but if your business is new and you’ve not launched your site yet, creating a free Google Business Profile is a great first step to getting your brand out there.
- Don’t yet have a listing? Start here.
- Set your notifications properly so that you can quickly see and respond to customer reviews.
- If customers come to your physical location, make sure your office hours are accurate.
One more GBP tip: Uploading photos and adding posts are easy to do and dramatically increase your reach. So, update your GBP whenever you have a big announcement, release a product, run a sale, or post to your blog. Add a reminder event to your weekly or monthly calendar so you don’t forget.