You built it. Did they come?
You’ve got clear messaging, a website built to convert, a lead generator that provides incredible value….
What happens if no one shows up?
If you don’t have enough people visiting your site, you’re not going to experience the full benefit of your hard work or get the largest return on your investment.
Here are nine ways to increase traffic to your site:
- Google My Business: Completely fill out your profile.
- Claim and complete your business listing on platforms like Yelp, Facebook, LinkedIn, or any industry-specific apps.
- Optimize your website for mobile, if it’s not already. This impacts whether people will stay on your site, and Google rewards mobile-optimized sites in their search results.
- Blog consistently. Search engines prefer websites that are updated and contain valuable information (with good keywords and internal links). Remember: write like you’re talking to a friend, not a computer. Keep it personal and easy to understand.
- Post on 2 social media channels. Post at least weekly. If you’re blogging, you can usually get 2–3 posts out of a single article— “Yay” for double dipping!
- Use your email list. Communicate with past customers and leads you’ve collected. They may choose to buy from you (again) or generate word-of-mouth (and new website visitors) among their friends.
- Run paid digital ads. We know this sounds like a money pit, and it can be, so be careful. But for the right companies, with the right goals, it really works. Ask us about your situation.
- Partner with someone whose audience overlaps yours. This can take the form of being a podcast guest, guest blogging, a lead-gen swap, giving a keynote, and more.
- Ask for referrals. Personal endorsements and introductions are worth a lot. Chances are that your current clients know other people who have a similar problem that you could solve. The best time to ask for a referral is when they’re riding high on your solution — after you deliver something of value or solve their problem.
Some of these cost you nothing other than time (which is valuable, we know). Some require an investment (that is designed to pay for itself in leads you can convert to sales). We can help you with all of these if you’re not in a DIY mindset.
If you’d like to talk about your site’s current traffic and how to increase it, schedule a free, 30-minute call.
P.S. Got a great website but wish you had more traffic? 🚗 🚙 🛻 🏎️ 🚚 🏍️ Let’s talk about what you’re doing, what’s working, and what might be missing from your traffic strategy. Schedule a free, 30-minute call.