In our very first conversation with a small business owner who comes to us to improve their marketing, we ask “the magic wand” question.
“If we could wave a magic wand 🪄 and make your wish come true, what would you ask for?”
What does “success” look like?
Business owners aren’t interested in buying “marketing.” Are you?
My guess is that you don’t want to spend money on “content” or “ad management” or “email segmentation.” I don’t blame you. I’m not interested in selling those things, either.
Your success might look like:
- 20 more water heater installations this week
- 7 closings this quarter
- hiring 5 new employees
- not having to work every Saturday
- making money from your cold email list (we’ve got a 6-figure case study that will hit your inbox soon)
- no longer wasting money on ads
- confidently sending people to your website because you’re no longer embarrassed
- a strategic campaign (instead of random marketing tactics) to launch your new service line
So, if I could wave a magic wand 🪄 and make your wish come true, what would you ask for?
- Make your own wish list. Write down all the things you’d like (someone else) to make happen.
- Hit reply and send me your list. Remember, we want to help you reach a business goal, not sell you “marketing.” So send me everything on your list and let’s see what we can do.
Your customers have a vision for success. Can you help them achieve it? Talk about your customers’ success all the time — in sales calls, on your website, in social media. Talk about the short-term and long-term successes you can help them achieve. You’ve got a 🪄 of your own. Offer to wave it for your customers.