The header is everything your visitor sees when they first get to your site. It’s everything “above the scroll.”
The header’s job is to answer 3 questions:
- What do you sell?
- How will it make my life better?
- How do I buy it?
In order to do these 3 things, it needs to be crystal clear. This is not the time to be vague or clever.
Let’s use a CPA firm as an example. Here’s an internal landing page designed for Small Business Owners:
- What do they sell? Tax Strategy and Accounting
- How will it make your life better? You can focus on your business (instead of just your books)
- How do you buy it? Schedule a Consultation
In the first 7 seconds, the visitor knows this company understands their problem and can solve it.
Choose images that show happy people experiencing the success you make possible. Don’t show your team, your founder, your company truck. Show happy customers.
You guessed it. Answer these 3 questions and compare your results to your current website header.
- What do I sell?
- How will it make my customer’s life better?
- How do they buy it?