Every week, I come across websites in serious need of help.
Are you worried that your website has gone all kinds of wrong? Never fear!
Here’s a shortlist of things to avoid (and a few solutions).
- A series of changing header images and text (called “carousels”)
- Design that doesn’t adapt and scale to mobile devices
- No favicon (here’s the 411 on why you need one)
- Too many fonts (shoot for two complementary fonts)
- Long blocks of text with no headlines (readers these days are really “scanners”)
- Grammar mistakes (Grammarly to the rescue)
- Not having a clear call to action
- Photography that looks cheesy, inauthentic to your audience, and doesn’t showcase happy people
- An unclear message and copy (try this tool on for size)
I could add many more mistakes to this list, but these are some of the common ones.
Plus, several of these items are a relatively quick fix you can DIY all on your own.
Interested in a free website review? It’s my gift to you. All you have to do is sign up here.